Thursday, May 1, 2014


So I am intrigued and motivated this month. Get ready for it... 
it gets mushy and preachy, don't be afraid. 
If you are a teacher well my grammar stinks but I don't care.. 
I had an incredible talk with my cousin who happens to be a priest this past weekend. 
We talked about our struggles and he shared his. Not something you 
expect to hear from a priest I suppose. None the less it was an awesome talk. 
He spoke about teaching the faith and giving people guidance and how 
that is the simple part. The hard part is living it out. Living out what you are preaching. 
Leading by example. It really started to make me think. I try very hard to be there for people.
I try so hard to be there for my kids. I try to listen and give guidance, 
sometimes even when it is not requested but sometimes it just needs to be said. 
Most often I fail at being that example to my kids as I get frustrated and act like a spoiled child.

A good friend will tell you what you need to hear if you don't want to hear it. 
A good parent will discipline his/her child and not worry about whether he/she like 
them or not after it is done. We all need structure and someone to keep us in line. 
I had that with my father. 
If I began to loose sight of what was important in life and my peace was disrupted, 
my Dad would often reel me in, but always in a loving way. 
And then again he would often tell me things I did not want to hear but needed too. 
And it was that simple love that kept me in line. 
That structured love put me back in my place and kept me moving forward on my journey.
 I cannot put into words how much I miss my father.
 His cold hands and warm firm embrace when he hugged me, 
the look he would give me if I was loosing my cool with my kids 
and how he would call me out or pull me aside.
And how he sat cross legged in his chair at the kitchen table and listened to me so
 deeply talk about my concerns and struggles in life, never interrupting. 
He was my rock, keeping me in line. And now he is gone. 
So... I have to suck it up and find my way... and there in lies the problem. 
I still need that guidance. 
What is comes down too is faith. I need to rely on someone, 
my Dad is gone but Christ is not. He has always been there and always will be.
 My cousin said something I found quite funny actually and awesome.
He talked about being angry with God sometimes and how he just plain did not speak 
so kindly to God sometimes. My response to that was... that is still a relationship. 
You are telling him you are mad and frustrated and there is nothing wrong with that. 
How many of us don't talk to him at all? 
Me... I often think I can do it all. Such pride. We can't do it all. We need HIM.
 We need each other. I needed that conversation with my cousin that day.
It was humbling and refreshing. It was like talking to my Dad.
We need those who love us enough to keep us in line. 
Not to tell us what we want to hear but to tell us what we NEED to hear. 
That is true friendship. So why am I even talking about this? 
It all goes hand in hand. We cannot do anything alone. 
We have to have those we love to help us on our journey to live healthy and be healthy. 
We have to have faith that when we are falling apart...
 no matter what it is... things are going to be ok, no matter the outcome. 
We have to lean on HIM. Talk to HIM. Voice our struggles.
 They are real. 
So is HE and he is waiting for us to just talk to HIM. 
It makes me sad to think I don't do it enough. 
The very one who died for us and I ignore HIM. 
So bottom line... 
None of you are in this fight to be healthy alone. 
We are thrown obstacles and struggles not to be tested, but to reel us back in...
 to remind us that we cannot do it alone. To remind us to share all of our pains, 
and joys to HIM. In fitness, in health in life. Everything.
We are fools to think it is not all connected. 
Life began with Him. He is there for us and so am I. 
I can listen... I can help keep you in line..

Be good. Pray hard, Eat well and kick some ass when you workout. 
Leave it all out there... He did. 

Peace out.

Online bootcamp Starts Monday! You can still get in!
Bikini Bootcamp is up and running and going awesome despite the weather!
Next Week Training Times:
Monday and Thursday 545am
Wed 615 PM
T/W/Th 1215 PM
Get here, write down what you eat and quit being scared about it. 
Surrender.........

No comments:

Post a Comment