Monday, February 24, 2014

 
 
 
 
What if..........

As I ponder about March being right around the corner I start to think...
What if I had stuck to my New Years Resolutions?
What if ate better, what if I exercised more or harder?
What if I prayed more? Let more go? Spent more time with kids?
More time with my friends, husband?
Less time on the computer, my phone, watching TV?
What if I was a better Mom, wife, daughter, friend?

We are nearly 2 month into a new year. Spring is on it's way.
For those of who are Catholic, Lent begins next week.
Lent is my favorite time of year for so many reasons.
Warm weather is coming, it is yet another time to evaluate life,
figure out how to get close to God, how to be a better person.
It is a time to sacrifice and grow in all aspects of our life.
A time to prepare for what is really important, to re prioritize, purify and simplify.

In some ways a reality check, and you don't have to be Catholic to experience it.
Most faiths acknowledge Easter and the preparation before it.
I am just laying it out there for you and for myself. It is 40 days, let's make a difference in our own lives and the ones that we love.

So if you are willing to start anew, to better yourself in all aspects of your life then I challenge you.
I challenge myself.
Put Christ first, give Him all of your Crosses and Joys, be thankful for it all and ask Him for help whenever you need it. Spend time with Him at church or time at home reading the bible. After all without HIM you have NOTHING believe it or not.
Put your spouse first, ahead of your children.
Make him know that he is loved. Find his love language and use it.
Love your children in everything, don't yell, don't get upset. Just love them. That does not mean give them everything they want, it means quite the opposite. They don't need gadgets or to be going here and there all the time, they want YOU, they want you to spend time with them to say you are proud of them, they don't need anything else right now. You are their rock. Build them up!
Give up some technology, put your phone away, say goodbye to Facebook, turn the TV off and read a book. You would not believe how many good ones are out there and you would not believe how productive you can be without all of the technology. Do you love it when you are talking to people and they are always on their phones... guess what your kids hate it too. Give the people you love the attention they need and deserve.
Quit making excuses about why you are not eating right. Honestly shut up. No one wants to hear it. You know what to eat and drink so just do it.
Get off your ass and exercise... exercise til you are uncomfortable, very uncomfortable cause if you don't you won't change.
Forget what everyone else thinks of you, stop comparing yourself to everyone else, stop looking at all of the negatives about yourself, in fact write down all the positives and next time you have a negative thought refer to that list. DO IT RIGHT NOW!
Live life in the moment... stop planning and trying to control everything. You aren't in control PERIOD. God is and no matter what you want, HE knows what is best for you so the sooner you realize it the better off you will be.
Pray... every damn day. And not just for what you want, pray in thanksgiving for all that you have.
So there you go. Let's get real.




Bootcamp Wed Night 615!
Bikini Bootcamp Coming March 31 Weather Permitting... more details to come.
New shirts coming too...

1 comment:

  1. I love your determination and your enthusiasm. I so wish I had it but you give me hope that one day I can act on everything you have said. You give me hope and that is all really that each of us need. A daily renewal that we can do better, be better and love more.

    ReplyDelete