Thursday, June 19, 2014

We have spoken of diet for the body and diet for the mind. Isn't it time we also sought out a diet for the soul: prayer, silence, meditation, regular mass and confession, the scriptures, works of mercy, and good spiritual reading?
It has been awhile. Summer is in full swing and honestly I don't have a dull moment. 
The kitchen seems to be open 24 hours a day full of hungry boys of all ages. 
The house seems to be collecting grass clippings and dripping water from the pool or sprinkler.
And let's be honest. I have a one year old... so there are bits and pieces of him everywhere. 
I have given up the fight of having a perfectly clean home. 
As long as the laundry is done and everyone is fed we are good. 
Daily chores are happening but the clean and pretty aftermath does not last long.
It's summer... a time to let a lot go of a LOT of the stuff that does not matter 
and do more of what DOES matter and truly enjoy life! 

Summer is the time of year I get spend a full day with my boys. Sometimes I want to run away and hide on a little island but most days I just love to be with them and be there for them. 
BUT... this Mama still needs her sanity time and that means pray and exercise and healthy eating. 
So how do you fit it all in?
There in lies the mystery.
Some days are smooth and other days well let's just say they are ugly. 
I am human, they are human and well we just don't mesh sometimes! 
Nonetheless the important things in life still need to get done. 
How..... 
First things first. 
1. I listen to the daily readings to start my day. Simple. Great apps out there for it too.
Just play it on your phone or ipad. The kids can listen too! 
2. Write down in a notebook 1 thing you are thankful for and 1 thing you will work on for the day.
Be simple and concrete and keep the notebook handy. 
3. Figure out when you are going to get that workout in. Decide and put it in your planner.
Amazingly enough my warm up or cool down is actually a workout with my boys. 
10 minutes. Every minute on the minute we do something. And they all do it. 
Burpees, situps, jacks, pushups, squats, runs... 
4. Working on weaknesses... I have many. But most days I can put Zeke in the swing and work on muscleups, and enjoy Zeke or whoever else is out there! I just tell myself 5 sets of 3 or 4 or 5 and done. 
Speaking of I still have to do them today... 
Some days they feel great, others days they feel awful but I still try. 
5. Eat well and drink even more. 
1 gallon of water a day. PERIOD. 
Breakfast everyday. Oats, blueberries, almonds and eggs and lots of COFFEE. 
Plan your meals and make them yourself DON'T EAT OUT! 
Save your money and know what you are putting into your mouth. 
Put that money in a jar and save up for a massage! 
6. Get to sleep and pray AGAIN.
I am reading the boys a Spiritual exercise book for young adults as well as a fun silly book after for entertainment. 4-6 pages a day! Takes less than 10 minutes and they actually look forward to it! 
Then I end with a little daily reflection book, check in on my handy dandy notebook to see how I did for the day. Sometimes I fail and others time I do well on that one thing I wanted to workout. If I failed I do it again tomorrow! Don't dwell on your failures. Recognize them and move on! 
Make it happen! I can help you!
So.... 
as mentioned above... "Ask yourself if what you are doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow. In all aspects of life. Faith, Fitness, Life. 
Always listening...
Pray Hard. Play Hard and Work Hard. 

Weekly Bootcamp
Monday and Thursday 6am
Wed 7pm. 
Online bootcamp for July... message me for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment